How InGeneron’s Therapy Works
Simply put, we help doctors help patients heal themselves by harvesting adipose-derived regenerative cells (ADRCs) from the patient’s body fat; isolating these autologous cells from the fat tissue using an enzyme-based process; and then washing, filtering, and injecting them into the part of the patient’s body that needs repair.
Our therapy is designed to repair injured tissue, improve patients’ quality of life, and modify the progression of their disease.
Our current focus is on several specific medical conditions: partial rotator cuff tears, facet joint syndrome and wrist osteoarthritis.
ADRCs are initially removed from patients using liposuction in an outpatient, clinical setting with no need for expensive equipment or complicated processing. The time span from when patients arrive for the procedure to when they leave the clinic is approximately two hours.
Why use a patient’s adipose tissue?
Harvesting cells from adipose tissue is less invasive than other stem cell removal techniques such as bone marrow aspirations, and it yields significantly more adherent cells per unit volume than bone marrow. Treatment with these autologous cells
isolated from fat avoids common transplantation issues, such as the rejection of cells or the transmission of disease, and it does not require antirejection or immunosuppressant drugs, because the cells originate from the patient’s own body.
Advantages of InGeneron’s ADRC technology
- Adipose-derived regenerative cells have the potential to show a wide range of regenerative functions including but not limited to the following properties and mechanisms.
- ADRCs are a heterogeneous population of cells that exhibit a wide range of cellular functions and promote healing.
- ADRCs promote the repair and regeneration of damaged tissue by stimulating neighboring cells through direct contact and the release of factors.
- Mesenchymal stem cells are a component of the ADRCs and can potentially help repair damaged tissue.
- ADRCs have immune-modulating functions and can act as strong anti-inflammatory agents and promote healing.