Leading Cell Therapy and Stem Cell Research for 16 Years.
InGeneron is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing cell-based therapies to redefine the standard of care in orthopedics.
Peer-reviewed publications authored by our scientists
Years of R&D behind our technology
FDA-approved clinical trials
Chronic joint pain limits people from enjoying a more active life
- Damaged tissue from injury or disease is not always fully healed by our bodies, often resulting in chronic pain.
- Joint pain significantly disrupts daily life, affecting a person’s ability to enjoy many activities they once loved.
Millions of people in the US are affected by chronic joint pain
- It is estimated half of Americans over 60 have a partially torn rotator cuff.
- Temporary relief from pain medication and corticosteroid injections do not heal the underlying cause.
- Invasive surgery is often not appropriate and has mixed results depending on the type of repair needed.
Surgery and corticosteroid injections both have certain limitations. Our technology aims to provide patients with an alternative treatment option utilizing their own regenerative cells.
A pioneer in regenerative medicine, InGeneron has produced groundbreaking research for over
16 years with numerous publications in high impact scientific journals.
Currently “stem cell therapies” are often advertised and offered based on limited scientific evidence and absent regulatory approval. At InGeneron we are committed to establishing evidence-based therapies approved by the FDA.
Checking your eligibility for our clinical trials is simple
- Shoulder pain
- Shoulder weakness
- Pain when lifting arm
- Shoulder pain when sleeping
- Wrist pain
- Wrist osteoarthritis
- Lower back pain
- Facet joint syndrome
Untreated injuries can get worse overtime, eventually requiring surgery.
Damaged tissue such as a partial tendon tear is often not fully healed by the body.
At InGeneron we are developing treatments that use a patient’s own regenerative cells to repair the damaged tissue before surgery is needed.
Currently Enrolling Clinical Trials
Our current focus is developing therapies for patients impacted by orthopedic conditions. Our platform aims to provide physicians and patients an alternative to symptom mitigation through steroid injections or pain killers, and avoid costly surgery. We are currently enrolling patients in clinical trials for shoulder, spine, and wrist indications. Find out more about our clinical trials by selecting an indication below.
Get The Latest From InGeneron
New Study Reports Broad Applicability of InGeneron’s Regenerative Cell Therapy System Across Patient Groups
InGeneron Publishes Overview on Current State and Potential of Regenerative Cell Therapy in Orthopedics
American Medical Association Issues New CPT® Category III Codes for InGeneron’s Cell Therapy for Rotator Cuff Tears
InGeneron Publishes Significant Support for the Existence of Naturally Pluripotent Stem Cells in All Organs in the Adult Body
InGeneron Reports First-In-Human Microscopic Evidence of Adult Tendon Regeneration Following Autologous Stem Cell Treatment
InGeneron Announces Publication of Preclinical Results for its Cell Therapy in Chronic Ischemic Heart Failure
InGeneron Extends Series D Financing to $43 Million to Bring Regenerative Cell Therapy into the Clinic
InGeneron Announces Publication of Results from First-in-Human Case Report of its Cell Therapy in Bone Regeneration
InGeneron Reports Positive Top-Line Data From its Clinical Lead Program in Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy
InGeneron Announces Publication of Positive Results from Investigator-Initiated Wound Healing Case Series Using Company’s Regenerative Cell Technology
InGeneron Establishes Presence in Cambridge, MA and Initiates Collaboration with German Accelerator Life Sciences
We are a Houston-headquartered, biotechnology company formed to innovate cell-based technologies for health care and life science research.
InGeneron is led by an international team of bold innovators creating the next generation of life changing therapeutics.
We’re a workplace that seeks and draws people who are driven to get better every day. We invite you to explore our open positions.
We are currently enrolling patients in clinical trials for shoulder, spine, and wrist indications. Learn about our clinical trials and see if you qualify.
Stem cell biology doesn’t have to be complicated.
Learn the basics of regenerative medicine and our research.
Focused on orthopedics, InGeneron has several ongoing clinical programs including a pivotal trial for our leading rotator cuff indication.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Stem cells serve as the starting material of the body and are the precursor to all other cell types. Stem cells are unspecialized cells capable of transforming into a range of other cell types but also able to replicate themselves to produce more stem cells. The body uses stem cells to heal and regenerate tissues by activating the stem cells to mature into the type of cell needed by the body.
- Like the phrase “stem cell” itself, “stem cell therapy” is often used to describe a variety of different medical therapies that utilize stem cells in some form to treat a patient. Sometimes the term is used incorrectly to refer to platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections. The term is also used to refer to stem cell transplants, also known as bone marrow transplants.
- Most commonly “stem cell therapy” is used to describe a procedure where the patient’s adult stem cells and other potentially regenerative cells are harvested from a tissue sample of either fat or bone marrow taken from the patient. These regenerative cells are then used to treat specific injuries typically by injecting them into the affected area. It should be said that this type of stem cell therapy is currently not FDA approved and clinics performing these therapies in the US are doing so without regulatory oversight.
- At InGeneron we use the term “regenerative cell therapy” since there are many different cell types and regenerative properties collected and used by our therapy along with adult stem cells. Importantly we do not treat patients outside of our approved clinical trials and we are dedicated to developing ethical FDA approved therapies through rigorous clinical research.
- Regenerative cells are cell types that naturally promote tissue regeneration and homeostasis by facilitating the generation of new cells to replace old or injured cells in a particular tissue. Adipose-derived regenerative cells, also known as Stromal Vascular Fraction, are cells isolated from adipose (fat) tissue, where they are found in high concentrations. Regenerative cells include stem cells, notably vaPS cells, and MSCs, which can mature into multiple cell types, progenitor cells, macrophages, and other cell types that promote tissue regeneration and healing.
- These cells work together by responding to inputs from their surrounding through a complex system of signaling, resulting in synergistic healing effects that are greater than the effect that any one cell type can have on its own.
- Multiple studies show that ADRCs can be effective in treating a variety of soft tissue and bone conditions and have a high safety profile.